community.pirate.com

**COMPETITION CLOSED** P Money remix challenge - PRODUCERS - Pioneer DDJ + £250 studio credit up for grabs

Glad you like it @Dan_Pirate. Yeah, felt it needed a bit of breathing space before building it up a bit more towards the end.

1 Like

Alright so I thought it might be fun to put this acappella against an old-school, 80’s breakdance beat so I sampled an old T La Rock remix and played around with it a little bit. Never tried anything like this before, but it was fun. Still very much WIP.

11 Likes

Woah, this is insane haha. Love what you’ve done there mate. It really works. Nice solid sounds and all sliced and diced really well. Good work!

First ever beat I have tried to mix with vocals. This is from a song I was previously working on but I only had one verse and a hook. Was waiting to get another artist to jump on this but decided to use the P Money vocals from the competition to see how it would all sound together as a full song. I know the P Money vocals needs better mixing into the beat but let me know what you think would love as much feedback as possible.

5 Likes

Nice entry @Emotivz. For a first attempt at adding vocals I think you’ve done a pretty decent job here. I think the vocals get lost in the mix at times, but know you’re still working on the mix so I’ll await to hear a final mix before feeding back on that.

It sounds like the vocals are a little in front of the beat at times - just one to keep an eye on. It helps sometimes to go back to the original to see if there’s any adjustments you can make to your beat to get that flow right.

Looking forward to hearing the final mix!

1 Like

nice track, not sure it works as p’s vocal obviously is out of context with the hook / your existing vocals though! Would like to hear your take on the acapella as it’s own project and also to hear the finished version of your original track too - keep it up

2 Likes

Nice idea but think your beat is running at a different tempo to the acapella as the vocals are drifting out of time on it. The original acapella is 140 bpm i believe. Maybe try making your beat faster to suit the acapella or pitch the acapella down to match the tempo of your beat!

1 Like

Clean entry! Nice vibe on this

2 Likes

Cheers mate!

Safe - here’s my entry, hope you guys rate it.

10 Likes

This sounds massive @DRUMTERROR - really enjoyed your take on it. Love how the kick really rides P Money’s cadence (particularly around the 0:58 mark). Going to test this on the Pirate office speakers now.

1 Like

Big up man, glad to hear you rate it!

hench entry @DRUMTERROR :boom:

1 Like

Right back at you bro!

1 Like

What’s the bpm of vocal

Welcome @CraigDance - I believe the BPM is 140. Look forward to hearing what you do with it.

1 Like

Just catching up on this thread some solid work going on here! Some great remixes brewing wouldn’t like to be the judge on this one.

1 Like

Hey guys, have been out of the loop of making music for a while now (couple years) but I saw this competition and thought why not and now i’ve got a lot of fresh ideas, so thanks! Had a lot of fun making this remix, tried to do something outside the box. I’ve thrown in a couple of easter eggs in there and tried to match the track with a suitable artwork. Hope you enjoy! Would love feedback to get this track as good as I can…V RISA

9 Likes

That’s awesome to hear, @V-RISA! Sometimes taking a break from music really helps get those creative juices flowing. I haven’t had a chance to listen to your track yet but will do later on tonight.

1 Like

That was wild @V-RISA! You’ve taken it to a completely different place. I need a few more listens to properly digest it - but my first impression is that it sounds huge and aggressive and amazing. Reminds me of something from the Blade soundtrack.

Going to pump this through the office speakers at Pirate tomorrow to get a proper sense of the production. Massive entry - thanks for sharing!