community.pirate.com

**COMPETITION CLOSED** P Money remix challenge - PRODUCERS - Pioneer DDJ + £250 studio credit up for grabs

Hey guys, here’s my take on the P Money remix. It’s still a WIP and i’m highly considering redoing the drums. Hope you enjoy

1 Like

This is brilliant man. Love the direction you took it in

Hey Eva, sorry I’ve only just seen this! I’m a drill/grime/hip hop producer :slight_smile:

Like what you did to the vocals, cool effect and sounds layered

1 Like

this is fresh! fits really well

Wasn’t expecting this kind of style as a submission entry lovin it!

Only down side (and it’s a small one) might be worth having a look at the timing of the vocals in the breakdowns, chopping them up or time stretching them a bit to bring them in time.

Cheers. Appreciate it. Thanks for listening.

Sounding good so far, loving the swagger the drums bring in, and the bass helps it sound nice and grimy. The snare also has that nice metallic ‘whack’ sound to it! Furthermore, the little bit at the end helps it come to an end and fits the theming quite well. As for criticism, I found some of the high pass filtering of the vocal was a little harsh and thinned it out too much in my opinion, and some of the ‘ess’ sounds in the vocal were quite resonant, so you may want to have a look at bringing some of those under control. Other than that, I like it, keep it up! :smiley:

1 Like

Cheer man… defo still need a polish. Thanks for the pointers though… I be sure to put a desesser on those vocal highs I reckon just to tame them a bit as you say. Glad you caught the vibe though :muscle:t3::purple_heart:

1 Like

Sorry if this has already been answered, but do the entry for this close 00:00 October 31st or 23:59 October 31st? I need all the time I can get atm :joy:

23:59 @DONKO :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wonderful, hope you will like my remix once its done! I’ve kept the sample clear in this one as well, learnt from my last mistake haha!

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing it!

Evening!
I know this kind of thing isn’t gonna do well but it’s a total bop and I enjoyed making it (and choosing that photo dayum)

Enjoy x

4 Likes

Alright peoples, be nice I’m new :wink:

So im 5 hours into this P-Money remix and I’ve hit a wall, i feel like it needs more but i don’t want to take away from the toughness of the track.

ps im not an engineer sonically things are probably out in the track, il have it mixed and mastered before saturday when its due.

Any constrictive criticism is welcome thanks.

3 Likes

@Guvno_r not gonna lie, I really enjoyed your take on this. You’ve found a really infectious groove here - it’s one of the those patterns that you can’t help but move to. I wasn’t sure about some of those synth hits at first, but when you started bringing in that little melody it all kind of came together for me - some of the dissonance really works (like electro shoegaze or something). My only feedback (and this is purely subjective) was that I thought in some instances you could drop the synth chords an octave lower - those high tones get a little much at times and I think this would add a bit of light and shade to it.

Overall though, you’ve done a wicked job!

1 Like

Hey @IMSO, like the minimalist direction you’ve taken this in - shares a bit more DNA with the original I think. I’d be interested to hear this once you’ve had a chance to mix and master - I think some of the bass levels are a bit overpowering.

Personally, I’d like to see you introduce a bit more variation to the main melody you’re working with. Could be a different pattern you bring in now and again to create a bit of tension, or maybe even a few synth chords to bring out some different textures before going back to that hero bass pattern. Like what you’ve done with it though and really interested to hear the final mix!

That is unreal feedback thanks, Dan! I get it might get a bit much so defo solid advice there, I wasn’t sure either but I was still bobbing my head after the 1000th listen so that was my sanity check on it

Cheers fella!

1 Like

Thanks dan, i agree it definitely needs more, i found myself questioning every new sound i put in there. Il have another bash later. Thankyou.

1 Like