community.pirate.com

Longer Hours discounts?

Has anyone noticed the discount for longer hours in the UK?

Previously a Vocal studio cost £65 for 6-10 hours in London. Now Pirate are claiming a massive 65% discount for longer hours. But its now actually more expensive…

What has really happened is that they got rid of this cut off and have somehow claimed its a discount.

Brilliant PR :smile:

Until very recently you could get 10 hours for £65 but now 7 hours is £78??? sounds like a great deal.

After one more price increase Pirate are going to be charging the same as the better equipped studios. A Focusrite Clarett interface is not gonna cut it at the prices after that.

The entire reason that Pirate became successful was that they were cheaper than everyone else. I feel like more sneaky changes like this, as well as more price increases are not too far away.

Hey David — thanks for reaching out, really appreciate the feedback.

What we found with the old 6-10 hour bookings is that people would book 10, stay 6, and we’d have limited availability in some of our smaller sites, which made it pretty inaccessible, especially for people who can only visit after work.

We’re looking at all of our equipment, but coupled with supply chain issues, it’s not as fast as we would like to get them into studios. BTW would love to hear if you have any equipment suggestions, I’ve been looking at Arturia interfaces.

Lastly, we’re not setting out to be sneaky, and genuinely want to be as transparent as possible. If you have any questions please let me know!

Amber

2 Likes

Also they bumped up their discount to 12 hr bookings instead of 10 hr I think

Hi Amber,

I hope it’s okay for me to reply to your message to David, but this this wouldn’t fix the issue because if people book the longer hour to get the discount price they would still only use the studio for the hours they need if am not mistake.

I book the studio a week back and I went with £78 for 12 hours not to waste my money I was just chilling in the studio after I finish my project.I mean for independent producers/artist the price change is a bit crazy.

But as long as we love making music not much we can do right…

1 Like

No worries at all. It’s an evolving thing that we’re not going to get right the first time, by any means. Other than lowering prices (I hear you on that), are there any other structures that would work for you? We hear that membership would be popular, for example :slight_smile: But if you’re anything like me — my gym membership isn’t quite value for money…!

Gym=arduous task for a hope and dream of a better body for most membership owners.

Recording studio= the place where people can fulfill the driving force that makes them stay up until the sun rises……

Using that as a comparison. Either you don’t know people who make music or it sounds like you guys are trying not to create a membership program due to the companies value for money. There’s nothing wrong with that, but pr wise it’s not a good statement to make if you don’t want to look like a company pretending to be transparent and care more about making profits than helping the artists who don’t have outside sources of financial support.

Before the price change I was really excited about using pirate studios. If I booked out a longer session I could make it really affordable to bring an artist in on a low budget. But now I’m better off spending the money on my home setup. I think the gear in the rooms is fine, I often bring my own mic / interface in, but would come to be in a nice relaxed environment.

Sadly due to the price increase Pirate studios is not viable for me to use now. It seems strange that the Recording rooms have no off peak hours? In the mornings the studios are a ghost town. There will be maybe 2 or 3 in use and often none at all (there are ALOT of recording room). Does Pirate really prefer having these rooms left unused than keeping the old off-peak pricing? Whats so different between the Recording and other rooms? The recording rooms are also more likely to be used by a single person.

1 Like