community.pirate.com

My First Beat

Ah yes man, like it. Lots of potential in that one. Loving the hook, my foot was tapping along, always a good sign.

What I’d try next on this is adding some fat wide pads (with the same melody) into the song about halfway through. Turn them all the way down so they’re not taking over, but far enough out of the way to not clutter your mix.

It should just add another dimension and make it feel a bit fuller and more complete.

Good work man, defo improving!

1 Like

This is a big step up @Karma! Really like the melody you’re working with here - there’s so many interesting directions you could take it.

I feel like you could bring in some additional elements around the drop at 2:50. As @artyfact said, some wide pads could be interesting - I’d also love to hear some additional percussion here too. I quite like the structure but feel like it’s missing a bit of a build-up throughout - like you’ve revealed all your tricks at once. I’d explore building a bit of tension and momentum as the track progressed. Have a think about how you could layer the track as it goes.

Super intrigued to hear where you take this one!

How you getting on with that second track @Karma? Any further updates to share?

na not yet struggling for ideas I just got the plugin arcade so will mess about with that see what I can come up with!

1 Like