community.pirate.com

This track is almost finished but it needs some juice

Any tips on adding some stuff to this track?

https://soundcloud.com/toddawl/awl-panorama/s-CZBnmx2hcCP

3 Likes

Really enjoyed this @Awl - the second half in particular sounded so good in my cans. I’ll give it another couple of listens tomorrow with fresh ears but overall really impressed.

Definitely let us know when you’ve finished the track - would love to feature it on the Pirate Sounds section of our website (if you’re cool with that of course).

1 Like

Yeah definitely will let you know! Thanks a lot @Dan_Pirate!

Forgot to mention - we’ve got a P Money remix challenge live over here. £250 studio credit and a Pioneer DDJ up for grabs - would be interested to hear what you’d do with the vocal stem :eyes:

1 Like

Easy mate,

Yeah Like Dan said, sounds decent. Top end is nice and crispy.

I actually thought some dubbed out vocal samples would add an extra dimension it. Might be worth doing some digging!

2 Likes

Really love that melody line that comes to the fore around 2:40! It feels like the track spends a lot of time building up components without having a strong main focus - some kind of simple lead line or a vocal sample up front might help create a clearer focal point for the listener rather than simmering away in the background. As it stands, it sounds like Alexander Brandon’s stuff, really nice!

1 Like

going to check it out! thank you!

1 Like

That’s a good idea, I will look into it

Yeah I think you guys are right about the vocal, I will definitely try to add something special

1 Like

A good recurring melody line that stands out would be awesome. Maybe try some parallel compression on the kick and snare to add extra thump to that those elements without drowning out other parts. I tend to smash a 10:1 ratio with fast attack and slow release on EDM tracks and it works for breaks style tracks really well when blended right.

2 Likes

This is really cool! The sound at 0:43 was a little harsh though, be fine with a bit of high end rolled off. That breakdown was amazing too!

2 Likes