community.pirate.com

Ukg wip/ feedback

Hello everyone, hope you’re all good! I started this UKG beat last week, i’ve chopped the vocals from a grime set and had to do a lot of eq’ing. Do you think it fits the energy or doesnt work at all? Thank you.
https://soundcloud.com/coin_zy/wavey/s-Q3WR10UavIy

1 Like

Hey man - love this. Need to hear this on the biggest sound system possible.

The vocals work great imo (I’m barely a producer so can’t give you technical feedback, only how i felt listening to it) - adds an extra dimension to the overall track. Also like the sparse use of it - feel like sometimes you can spoil a vocal sample by over using it, which deffo isn’t the case here. In terms of energy - feel like UKG and grime go hand in hand. both high energy, feels like they’re in conversation with each other.

Looking forward to hearing the finished track.

1 Like

thank you @Cal_Pirate! I only wanted the vocal as an extra dimension for the build up and not a lead so thats spot on that you’ve said that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Easy Coinzy just had a couple listens, the vocal chop def suits the vibe! One thing I’d suggest in those build sections where the sample is repeating on a loop is instead experiment with letting the sample hit once then ring out with a reverb / delay throw for a bar or 2 then hitting it again, maybe use some auto pan while its ringing out to give it even more sense of space. I think given the atmospheric build you’re going for that would help it sit into the track better (less being more), only increasing the hype / repetition towards the drop (which you’re already doing and I think that bits perfect :ok_hand:). Tracks gonna bang hit me when its finished :boom:

Yeah thats some boss feedback that mate, i really like that idea. I’m gonna let it sit for a week or so i think and come at it fresh and i’ll definitely get on that idea @faisal_pirate. thank you G

1 Like

Hey Coinzy,

Genuinely love the production on here, warm and tight.

One thing I might look at is the vocal sample, feels like it drags/is a little late? A little nip and tuck will make a big diff to the flow/rhythm and lock everything in.

Big tune though.

1 Like

Thank you mate! It could well be tbh. I’ll definitely make sure thats as tight as it can be when i go over it again! Just making a list for it now haha @Benny_Boy

of course mate!

We’re playing it in the Bristol office btw

2 Likes

hahaha amazing, love that :joy:
Never would i have imagined i would have my tunes playing in the pirate studios office when i started booking the Bradford production studio not so long ago :fist:

2 Likes

@COINZY Not in the studio now so not going to do the injustice of listening to this on the shitty speakers of a phone, looking forward to giving it a spin on proper speakers given the feedback from the community so far!

1 Like

hahaha don’t get your hopes up too much! @Pirate_Gareth

1 Like

Relly sick! Love the percussion and the Grime vocals; gives it a really nice nostalgic feel. I think the sample with the delay on it that comes in around 2:39 is a little too loud. Bassline is really nice too and I reckon @faisal_pirate has some great ideas that’d execute really well on it. Good work man!

1 Like

thank you @oblong! I’ll get that sample turned down too :slight_smile:

Damn finally got around to pulling up some tracks in the studio went to listen to yours @COINZY and you’ve pulled it :frowning: …ah well I’ll catch your next one hopefully :slight_smile:

Sorry boss! I made the changes and sent it to some DJ’s, been downloaded by some RInse dj’s and balamii so fingers crossed on some radio plays. Coming out with a label in 3 weeks :slight_smile:

I’ll be posting more soon for sure

2 Likes

Let us know how you get on with the release @COINZY!

1 Like

Nice one! and congrats! All the best with the release looking forward to hearing your future work.