community.pirate.com

**CHALLENGE CLOSED** 45 Minute Mix Challenge - DJs - Win £500 Studio Credit

DJs: We want to hear you bang it out (whatever your ‘it’ is) for 45 minutes. The only rule is no vocals. That means we’re looking for a purely instrumental set. Best effort gets £500 // $500 // €500 studio credit, two runners up get £100 credit each.

Important bits:

• In case you haven’t read above, your mix must be purely instrumental and no longer than 45 minutes.

• Final entries should be uploaded to SoundCloud and published to this thread (simply paste the link).

• Closing date is Sunday 31st January.

• Finally, as you work, feel free to post your works in progress on the competition thread for feedback from other members and Pirate staff.

Good luck! Remember, no vocals!!

25 Likes

can the link be private?

1 Like

Yep, that’s no problem. Private SC links work on Community.

Having No vocals is going to be a big challenge, got to source a few new tunes now! Should be a laugh though

3 Likes

This should be a good challenge!

2 Likes

Loving all these competitions, look forward to giving this one a go. No vocals in the mix are going to make this a challenge!

3 Likes

Do you mean no vocals as in lyrics/singing/rapping or no vocal chops/hits whatsoever (stuff like Bengal Sound or Pholo)?

2 Likes

Good question. We mean no vocal chops or bits at all. Hopefully gets people digging into the vaults a little more than they normally would!

4 Likes

Sound, should make picking tunes a bit more interesting!

1 Like

Challenge accepted

3 Likes

Challenge Accepted, this will be tough as even most instrumental dnb tunes will even have a little vocal hook in them
Will post a private link here when I’m done, going to have to think about this one for a bit…

3 Likes

Challenge accepted :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @DJMOTA! Going to spin this tonight.

1 Like

Really liked the vibe on this!

1 Like

Oooh, right down my alley. I’lll get cracking on this tonight :dizzy:

1 Like

Look forward to hearing your entry @CITIZEN!

1 Like

Let the diggin commence

I’m assuming you can use a track with vocals on as long as you use the break that has none in it ??

2 Likes

Yep, we’ll allow it!

1 Like

Hey!

Here’s my 45 minute mix, with no vocal. Hope you enjoy! :slight_smile:

Sam x

PS: let me know if you have trouble accessing it

7 Likes