community.pirate.com

Bandcamp Friday! Drop your links!

It is once again BandCamp Friday. Do you have new stuff to share, or new music you bought? Drop below pls, am curious and have an itch to buy some new music.

My BandCamp release pick (and also probably one of my albums of the year) is Meetsysteem’s “Cr:GO” from the Dutch label Nous’Klaer - lots of lo-fi beat tapey electro pop that I can’t get enough of.

Emperor Penguin have released three EPS and a single (#1 in the Indie Radio Alliance charts) in 2020. They’re all free to download from Bandcamp, any day of the week.
‘Slick sounds underwrite humorous and intelligent lyrics, alongside occasional left field moves as catchy hooks, rooted in post-punk, powerpop and psych-infused art-rock abound. The influence of XTC, Elvis Costello, Squeeze and Nick Lowe can be heard throughout.’ (Shindig! magazine)

“Emperor Penguin is back with an impressive third EP, lots of different style elements here; prog, new wave, and power pop. Slick production and melodies that stick!” (powerpopaholic.com)

Download here.

1 Like

This is only for all hard techno lovers :japanese_ogre: :japanese_ogre:

Check out our project Jai Hov. You can get the full experience at JaiHov.com, but the project lives at mwblife.bandcamp.com.

We re-imagined what Jay-Z’s first trip to India would’ve been like. What started as a business trip evolved into a moment to create some of the lushest soundscapes of his career. The journey was destined for greatness from the moment the waters of the Arabian Sea appeared through the clouds on approach to Mumbai Airport. Captivated by the culture, the people and the natural beauty of India, Hov felt an immediate connection which he felt compelled to express through music.

As he made his way through the country the sounds, colors, textures and flavors seeped into his music. This body of work embodies what Indian poets refer to as the “Rasa Theory” – an emotion so overwhelming it needs to be expressed through a medium.

This is Mumbai meets Mott Street. Bazaars meet Brooklyn. The hustle meets the hustler.

Welcome to Jai Hov, the untold story of Jay-Z’s journey through India.