community.pirate.com

Berry Soul - Tired - Prod. KANUGA

Hi, Would appreciate feedback on this demo I recorded in Tottenham. I am planning to release this as my second single.
Been told that the structure is a bit confusing and I personally feel like the vocals could be better so let me know what you think about that.

11 Likes

Love the lyrics and the backing track production is lush and really suits your vocal style. I don’t mind the structure at all it’s got a kinda stream of consciousness vibe to it, so I like the way it travels and progresses. I think your singing on this take sits nicely and there’s a cool/effortless/authentic feel to it but if you feel your vocals could be better I’d LOVE to hear that. Nice track!

Thank you for that feedback Gareth, really appreciate it.

Really enjoyed this felt a real honesty with having the spoken bits at the start and the end in there. there was the odd time where If I had to be picky and I’m only saying it cos other wise it ok would be all positive that I lose ears on the guitars when it’s there as it blends to much with the keys. But that could just be an issue with my EQ. Really enjoyed it though. Great vocals nice vibe really well done.

1 Like

sounds great to me, i dont hear any problems with structure here, really great music,sorry i havent got any better feedback but i really enjoyed

1 Like

Thank you, appreciate it!

Thank you!

1 Like

Really enjoyed this @BerrySoul! I can perhaps understand why some people might say the structure is confusing, but personally I think the sustained mood throughout the song is part of its strength. There are definitely distinct parts (particularly around the I’m so tired refrain), but they only start to reveal themselves after a couple of listens.

There might potentially be a couple of things you could do with the dynamics to heighten certain moments (e.g. add another vocal harmony here and there, or bring in some more guitar etc), but I don’t necessarily think that’s required.

Would love to hear your first single if you’d be up for sharing?

2 Likes

Thank you Dan! That is really good feedback. Find my first single bellow

3 Likes

Love this song! Would love to feature it on the PIRATE.COM homepage in the next few weeks if that was ok with you?

Are you working on anything else at the moment? Excited to hear more!

2 Likes

Thank you Dan, that would be so cool! Please let me know when you post it.

I am currently in the process of recording new tracks and demos if you wish I can send them your way so you can take a listen. I will also, starting next week, post covers on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/berrys0ul/

1 Like

I am new to the community I just listened to a bit of your track and I was blown away it’s nice your vocals amazing
but you know with us artists you always feel that you could have done better but for neo soul it’s nice
good job on the vocals
I am currently looking for someone to collaborate with on this track I’ve got
If you’re interested please let me know
I need a neo soul type of feel vocals to it
It a mixture of hip hop neo and reggae feel
Jawanza
music_zebra_baby@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Thank you! I am starting to think that I might just be overthinking the vocals, thats why feedback like this is so helpful. And sure my email is: berirasul98@hotmail.com. Send it over to me and I’ll take a listen.