community.pirate.com

**CHALLENGE CLOSED** 7 DAY CHALLENGE - PRODUCERS/MUSICIANS Instrumental track challenge for studio credit

Hey Guys!

We’re trying something a little different this week. We want you to have a go at making a purely instrumental track. No other rules. Any and all genres welcome, just have fun and try something new! It could be a grime instrumental, a 20 minute long experimental prog rock track, or even just a drum break! We will choose a winner and 2 runners up on 10th Feb, with the winner taking £50/$50/€50 studio credit and the runners up each taking £20.

Important bits:

• Final entries should be uploaded to SoundCloud and published to this thread (simply paste the link).
  • Closing date is Wednesday 10th Feb.
  • As you work, feel free to post your works in progress on the competition thread for feedback from other members and Pirate staff.
  • NO VOCALS.

I’m looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with, good luck!

Tracks including vocals distorted past the point of being recognisable will still be eligible for entry.

2021-02-04T00:00:00Z2021-02-10T12:00:00Z

8 Likes

Damn, I’m busy this week! Otherwise, I would definitely have a go at this one. Can’t wait to hear everyone else’s entries though! :smiley:

2 Likes

the 10th is my birthday! Will have to make sure i get something good prepared so you guys can give me a present :wink:

2 Likes

experienced and recorded on 7/2/21 at Pirate Studios Dublin

3 Likes

Yes mate! Fingers crossed we’ll be bringing you some belated birthday news

02:00-02:30 reminds me of something from Velociraptor era Kasabian, could imagine it with a string section as an intro to a track. Sounding sick man!

1 Like

Hello, that sounds like a fun challenge. I recently finished a remix (for personal use) of Depeche Mode’s - Enjoy the silence. Here is the instrumental track I would like to share with you.

5 Likes

Yes mate!!! This song never fails to give me goosebumps. And your instrumental version is definitely doing it justice. Sounding sweeeet!

2 Likes

Luckily was just finishing a beat up this week so Im gassed to have seen this opportunity! Little breaks and dubstep sort of cross over for you

4 Likes

1 Like

Hey, Just done this one. It was a remix to Body Party by Ciara, but no vocals allowed so we have this :smiley: https://soundcloud.com/nicsmusicuk/nics-body-partay-remix-instrumental/s-2wlQisnUJhX

5 Likes

Nice one mate this is sick

Only saw this post a few hours ago, did the best I could do in the time I had!

4 Likes

Hi Guys,

Currently doing a part-time course in Ableton, so have a beat from this week and added a few synths and such. Haven’t learned to master properly yet so I’d love any and all feedback on the song, sounds, timing etc.

Also, it’s a private link so please let me know if you’ve any issues with accessing.

Cheers,
Rob

1 Like

Just thought I’d throw this into the mix :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

https://soundcloud.com/user-523210545-638648688/the-frantic-but-jovial-search-for-linus-piggington

THIS CHALLENGE IS NOW CLOSED!

I’ll be going through your entries and announcing the winners ASAP, well done to everyone who entered, there’s some really interesting sounds in here. Don’t worry if you missed it also, as there are plenty more of these in the works!

1 Like

garage instrumental called darkside

3 Likes

I’ll allow the late entry, but just this once considering it’s your birthday :tada:

2 Likes

All these entries are class