community.pirate.com

**COMPETITION CLOSED** *PIRATE x FOCUSRITE COMPETITION: WIN £500 CREDIT AND A FOCUSRITE SCARLETT BUNDLE (WORTH UP TO £500)*

I’m normally so far behind recording the songs I write. But this latest one was I think from 2017 but I recorded it like 2 weeks ago.

Paintings

‘Cold and Misty Hours’ is a song I wrote and produced in lockdown for my album ‘Poor Man’s Troubadour’.

Chill jazzy hiphop track off of my first hiphop EP, reflecting on the harsh side of alcohol abuse with raw lyrics. Written by Kasumu, produced by Waypoint.

Hey! Released an EP back in April 2020 under the moniker Splintered, it’s now slowly becoming a band after doing it all solo:

Current release - hoping to get back to recording asap!

Hey!

Here’s my latest release!

My latest tune. A wave / garage inspired number. I don’t really know what genre my music falls under anymore tbh. Anyway, thanks for listening :slight_smile:

Oi Pirates!

This tricky little one is my current favourite, a bit lost in the moment, yet startling… and smooth. So check it out!

By the way this track appears on my “Strawbeck - Increase The Disease EP”

hi i’m totally new to this recording lark and am learning the ropes. Here’s a song I wrote about being a woman without children after realising there don’t seem to be any songs about this issue. I’ve been playing it to friends and it seems like it really strikes a chord with a lot of them, some of them crying when they hear it… the recording and guitar leaves a lot of work to be done, but i think that the recording captures the power of the song

First Song of my upcoming Solo CD.

incredible diversity of music being shared here, so much great stuff ! I decided to share a track I produced which was released a few weeks ago on the Excess Bristol charity compilation in aid of the music venue trusts’ save our venues campaign. It’s a fairly ravey sort of tune, breakbeats, acid, hoovers etc., one I made whilst pining for a return to clubs after lockdown. I’d love to hear it through a proper system one day ! I was really happy with how the final mix turned out. would be good to hear anyones thoughts on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My name is Ricky Vintage, I am from London :uk: and I really, REALLY would like to enter myself in this competition.

My Link: #SoundCloud

Please get back to me to let me know that I have been entered!!

THANK YOU!!

Not a contest entry, but just putting a link to the Spotify presave as this song is coming out on all platforms May 7th.

Thanks again! :pray:t5:

Hey everyone!

Thanks for entering - submissions are now closed and we’ve got a lot of work to get through the tracks!

We’ll be back next week with the winner. Whilst you’re here be sure to take a peek around Community and share some of your WIP tracks over on the #feedback-room

Hey guys,
This is my favorite track that i produced lately.
Hope you’ll enjoy!

Beef Beats · Gucci Mane X TyFontaine Type Beat | Skull (prod. Beef Beats) 164 BPM

Said on instagram the competition closed at 23:59 on the 19th of April, here is a link to your post https://www.instagram.com/p/CM_9bHfhnI_/

and here is a link to my song https://soundcloud.com/cartoondreams/late-night-call

Cheers

- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT -

Hello everyone!

It’s time … we listened to every track and were astounded by the talent represented in the entries. The team here at Pirate and Focurite have finally whittled down the entries to our winner and runners up!

WINNER - Congratulations to @ImiSmith with your track “See Through” - you’ve won £500 credit and a Focusrite Scarlett bundle! DM us to claim your prize :slight_smile:

Runner up - Heju (@HP74802591) with your track “The Reason Why” - you’ve won £250 studio credit, as well as 30% off Focusrite’s e-store and a set of FAST plug-ins! DM us to claim your prize.

Runner up - GhostCar (@LH69413278) with your track “Awkward” - you’ve also won £250 studio credit as well as 30% off Focusrite’s e-store and a set of FAST plug-ins! Drop us a DM to claim your prize!

EVERYONE:
For anyone new to Pirate who is yet to book a session - you can claim 20% off your first studio session at any of the Pirate UK, US & DE locations -

sign-up to pirate.com and enter the discount code upon checkout -

For Germany studios: FOCUSRITEPIRATEDE20

For USA studios: FOCUSTITEPIRATEUS20

For UK studios: FOCUSRITEPIRATEUK20

If you’re still new to Community - be sure to have a look around! Gain some feedback in the #feedback-room and find like minded-artists to work with over on #collaborate.

Keep an eye for more competitions in the very near future - we’ll announce them on Community first!

3 Likes

Wow thank you so so much! :raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4:Can’t quite believe it! x

5 Likes