community.pirate.com

Feedback on next release (Remix featuring female Nigerian Scottish Rapper LOTOS & Tommy Evans)

Hi Pirate crew! Thanks to Dan for inviting me to share a new track too.

Looking for some feedback on my next release (Remix featuring female Nigerian Scottish Rapper LOTOS & Tommy Evans) out 30/10…

The original track was made by Scottish producer Show N Prove, I hadn’t heard his version until I’d finished my version (I was asked by LOTOS herself to remix this) so it’s pretty different to the original.

I had fun adding in a new verse from regular collaborator Tommy Evans and making more of the Yoruba hook & phone call at the end, I always enjoy making music that is in a different language to English even if I don’t fully understand it, you can still get a feel for the meaning.

I’m working on a house track next for US based house label Supa Qween run by Larry a Peace (Prince’s DJ). I will drop in here shortly.

Temple
@templebeats

1 Like

Hey. It’s not bad. I Would like to hear a version with the female singer only… or way less of the home sweet home guy singing… To me it feels too much of the male voice, and obvious too. my opinion :blush::+1:
I like the dubstep vibes tho… 6 years ago in my clubbing prime i would have jumped to this for sure!!! :star2::clap: bless

Lovin the phat and lush filtered synth bass line and the way it breaks up, but since the bass line is so dense I think the kick is struggling to cut through, maybe just a little 2 or 3 db boost on the volume a touch of 8khz and some side chain compression could help.

Nice panning going on the hats and the balance with the percussion is spot on.

Good clear recorded vocals from both LOTOS and Tommy. However LOTOS’s vox is quite out of tune, I get it could be a production vibe but really think you should try to tune the vocal to the track and see how it sits.

Anyway best of luck with the release and looking forward to hearing more of your tracks!

I second this, I’d also say that the auto tune already on the female vocals is a little too robotic and the vocals all over the track might be a little too loud.

I’d also maybe see about adding some white noise to fill out the track, it also might have the effect of making the vocals sit better in the mix.

I like the minimalism of the song though, I can imagine myself walking to this and being in step with it , good stuff

Hi There,

Just listened to your track. On the initial listen it appears that the kick needs some work to help it punch through. Maybe a bit of dynamic EQ or sidechain compression between the Bass and the Kick. Whatever your method of rectifying, unless the kick being low is a musical choice then I think this genre of track should have a nice upfront Kick.

I hope you have great success with your track and all the best for the future

Respect

UKS