community.pirate.com

Guilty Pleasures... are you brave enough to share?

Right I am going to say it… I have been known to play a bit of Taylor Swift every now and again… and like it :smiley: :smiley: (I am going to regret this)

1 Like

Absolutely no shame here! Folklore on repeat.

Mine is Carly Rae Jepsen. I will die on this hill.

3 Likes

I rarely admit this, but I’m partial to some of U2’s worst records. I sometimes just bask in the adult contemporary vibes of All That You Can’t Leave Behind.

I am pretty ashamed of this to be honest.

1 Like

@Cal_Pirate Not sure why you’d be ashamed of enjoying one of the greatest pop singers of all time?

Hands up :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: I love the New Zealand hip hop of my youth. Che FU. Scribe. King Kapisi.

Similar to U2, I also secretly enjoy a bit of R.E.M.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of lots of very harsh horrible avant-garde noise music… But listening to Scott Walker’s late career stuff drove me back to his Scott 1-4 albums which are unbeliveably beautiful baroque pop stuff!

Then, that drove me back to his even earlier stuff with The Walker Brothers - a pretty shameless boy band from the early 60s. It’s pretty dowdy, but I love it.

Scott Walker also got me into Ute Lemper and Berlin Cabaret type stuff - Kurt Weill onwards, which eventually got me into Ella Fitzgerald. It’s a far cry from Merzbow but it’s absolutely a guilty pleasure!

1 Like

I heard some psy trance once

1 Like