community.pirate.com

Guitar/keys/bass players needed

Hello All,
My name’s Josh! I’m a lead singer of a Indie Pop/Rock band known as Divided Compass.

Recently us as individuals had a discussion about the future of the current line up and it was decided everyone wanted to take on new paths and directions in their development as musicians. This unfortunately meant the disbandment of the current line up.

The band as it was, was amazing and would highly reccomend following their progression under the name Batrat.

With this being said…
I’m looking to aquire the following for a new line up of Divided Compass: A Rhythm/Lead Guitarist, Keys/Synth Player and a Bass Player roughly between the ages of 21 and 25, has an interest and passion for playing in a indie/alternative pop oriented band that takes influences from The Smiths, Bastille, The 1975 and The Wombats with some bits of 60s/70s/80s Pop/Rock. All must be based within London.

Candidates would need to be joining as permanent/full time members, taking priority of the band whenever possible. Rehearsal times can be established once the line up is complete, but as of current it would be good to get a rehearsal once or twice a week to help tighten in areas. Dependent on the rehearsal space, it would be appreciated if we could share the cost of each booking. It would also be great to have a third day for writing and recording, however that can be optional.

In terms of the writing/recording process. The majority of the writing has come from myself who has planned out concepts of Albums 1, 2, 3 and 4. However, don’t let this bother you or deter you! As the lead I never put down a song idea from lyrics to recordings and always keep ideas in folders that are looked at regularly, so if it doesn’t get used for that specific era it’ll always turn up in another. However, all of this can be discuss further with the candidate.

With gigs, we’ve built some really good connections with some venues and promoters so work is never too far away.
Some events are payed and some aren’t. For the band I’m looking to do a mix of Open Mic/Showcases, Ticketed and Function/Up Front Paid gigs.

With the previous line up, we gigged quite often (daily to say the least) and after a year, doing so much of it hasn’t got us far in terms of building audiences who will buy tickets.
This time I’d like to focus on trying to obtain these sort of audiences who are interested in buying tickets to see us play a gig! I’ve figured this will be possible by doing smaller gigs once or twice a week with having one main gig that we can promote the world out of each month. Not just on the band’s social media, but as individuals… letting our friends, family and close networks know we have a gig coming and it would mean the world if you could come and show some love. You know the usual crap.

It would also be great if you as a band member have ideas about places to gig at. Wether that’s busking in the middle of Camden or Stratford (one of the things I’d like us to do). Shoot me the details so I can contact and hopefully we can get what we need.

Another point about gigs is I’d also like a bunch who are willing to go out of london for gigs such as Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Brighton etc. There is so many venues you can do in london, but there is nothing like going into another part of the UK to show off our great musicianship, so that is very important. Again costs such as trains, hotel will need to be equally shared so if your up for that.

An a last request would be if you have equipment of your own such as Amps/Pedals/Stands/Busking battery packs, place to rehearse and if you drive that would be a massive bonus! Particular for events where we will need to bring and supply our own gear. Not a massive requirement, but an important one at best.

Other than that, just looking for like minded musicians to pave the way for the band and hopefully become a big happy family aha!

If this interest you, then please drop me a message via WhatsApp on 07802674946 or Instagram - @divided_compass
Not all is massively compulsory these are just ideas and rules I look for, for the new image of the band.

Please make sure to send any examples you have as a player from WAV to YouTube Links.

Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Please find an example of our sound, previously here: linktr.ee/dividedcompass

YouTube Link of Notable Performances: