community.pirate.com

Introduce yourself

Hey Ramon, welcome! Your playlist sounds like mine (replace Marc with Shakira…). Will listen to your tunes today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Variety is the spice of life!!!

Thank you. I hope you enjoy :pray:t4:

Heeeeeeeyyyyy - I was recommended to do this so here I am :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Who am I?

I’m Shantelle King, a Neo-Soul/R&B singer-songwriter from West Yorkshire, UK.
(my socials are: Instagram @ shantellekingofficial | Spotify @ ShantelleKing)

What do I create?

Music for the soul.

Which studio do I use?

I mainly work in Manchester because I studied there and it’s just familiar for me!

What do I listen to?

R&B, Jazz, Neo-Soul vibey music. Inspired by Brandy, H.E.R, Jazmine Sullivan and Ella Fitzgerald.

Check out my linktree for more info! Peace :dove:

1 Like

Name : Vijay Kumar (DjitalMixX)

Based : Wellingborough-Northants

About me, Dj (I do produce if i get the time). I worked for FutureDjs but work independantly now as DjitalMixX.

What i have been doing is going into schools tutoring pupils how to Dj as part of the GCSE ciriculum. (40%) of a music grade. There is also an Dj exam if students wish to take.
Decks are now classed as an instrument through London College Of Music Education set up by FutureDjs.

I also Dj around through Dj agencies where the work is. I usually take my Pioneer XDJ-RR all in one unit with USB drives.

I work mainly in Ableton Live (10) with the Push 2 and have produced some tracks over lockdown. Ps i also worked full time during the Pandemic!!

To be fair doesnt matter what software or gear you are using its the end result.

All tracks i produced have been with Ableton Intro, probably why i havent upgraded to Ableton 11.

Also a member of Ableton Leciester group and hope to attend when their workshops are up and running.

I do live streams and perform usually twice a month. This was a massive learning curve and some times was a struggle with OBS and music copyrights on FB.

I prepare all my music through Rekordbox Dj. My favorite Dj is James Hype as i love his creativity and original style.

Love Pirate studios as you know you gonna get creative there. And sometimes meet and make friends.

Thanks and have a great creative day every one

1 Like

Hello

Who Am I

DJ PreSkool djpreskool.com Have been living and djing in Brooklyn since the early 2000s, also doing some production and light show work. My latest album was released this year Impressions Of Mira

What Do I do

Professional DJ/Producer with multiple residences in New York City mostly in North Brooklyn

What Studio

Pirate Studio in Ridgewood, Queens. Great facility I use the DJ rooms for practice and testing out racks at club volumes.

**Music I dj **

House, acid house , lots of 80s and 90s dance tracks, pop and rock dance tracks ,Afro House , disco, 120 BPM is my thing.

2 Likes

:dvd::cd: Im booked to use a studio in NY =1 Just wanted to connect with a local DJ, say hello and show support!

1 Like

Who am I?

My name’s Missing-Nin. I’m a LA based producer artist from Minneapolis, Minnesota.

What do I create?

I describe the music i make as new age. it’s a blend of Hiphop and afro pop

Which studio do I use?

I go to the Los Angeles locations

What do I listen to?

A lot of sade, nina simone, scottish bands and ny drill

Who am I?

I’m Damien and I am a multi-instrumentalist. :slight_smile:

What do I create?

My day job is working as a school music teacher. I have a Bandcamp with some of my music. I am always looking to collaborate and connect socially through music. Any age, ethnicity gender style, and so on.

Which studio do I use?

I use Greenwich and Croydon but would love to travel further afield. I know lots of musicians here so can bandswap if anyone would like?

What do I listen to?
I enjoy pop music from each decade. Also classical music. I like Jazz. I like world music. I enjoy hearing unknown artists at open mic nights/gigs or online. I love rave culture. Also, I enjoy learning about new styles of music.

Who am I?
I am Simon Peter Adabor, a Ghanaian singer, written a couple of songs but struggled to produce any. Now ready to launch my music career in the UK.
What do I create?
I do gospel songs with African rhythm and ready to explore and blend with other genres.
Which studio do I use?
I am based in Birmingham and would used the studio there
What do I listen to?
Bob N. Marley, Kwame Yeboah, Pat Thomas, Benjamin Dube, and basically I love listening to the bits of every genre

I’m Roamz south London UK RAPPER I’m here to tell my story through music. Promise you will fall in love wiv do music I’m making. Independent

Welcome everyone, really nice to have you here!

Who am I?
I am PRNCEHNR and I am a DJ, writer, model and artist.

What do I create?
I have been DJing since 2018 and I have created a mix series entitled Seoul Smooth Soul Sexy, which focuses on the American and Korean scenes of Hip-Hop and R&B, as well as international artists from other countries that I include in my mixes and my playlists.

Which studio do I use?
I use the studios located in Los Angeles.

What do I listen to?
While I primarily listen to Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz and Soul, I am open and enjoy listening to all other genres of music and I do enjoy when friends, family and peers share music with me by way of YouTube, Spotify, SoundCloud and Mixcloud.

1 Like

Who am I?

I’m Matthew, A.K.A. Madsko ! 23 years old at the moment, and living in Reading, UK after moving here from Amsterdam, NL.

What do I create?

During the day I’m a salesman for an online company. In my spare time I use FL Studio to create BANGERS!
At the moment, I mainly make Dancehall, Afro, Moombahton and some Jersey Club. Besides that, I make youtube videos explaining the remixes I make so that others can learn more about Moombahton-like genres.

Which studio do I use?

It will be my first time using a Pirate Studio this Thursday. I will be going to the Reading Studio, which is only about 30 mins from my house!

What do I listen to?

Many, many different stuff. Depending on my mood and the people I’m with, you’ll catch me listening to Rap, Alternative Rock, Pop, Afro, EDM, Festival Trap, Lo-Fi and the list goes on and on…
I have my favorite Moombahton tracks (and my own produced tracks) in a nice spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7L8GQbojZ3i91m1ZPMRlXw?si=f059918a44a14bff

1 Like

Nice to meet you all - give me a shout if any of you fancy collaborating in some way :grinning:

Who am I?
I’m a producer/artist/rapper from the Midlands and living in London. I am the main man behind Pepper’s Ghostt, a UK alternative hip-hop/rap collective!

What do I create?
I mainly produce and rap on my own beats, which led to my first EP release in March. I enjoy different accents, influences and genres in the music I make. I play a bit of keys, bass, guitar and drums and I just love writing, making and finding new music in all honestly!

Which studio do I use?
I used to use Greenwich but Hackney Wick my main one now.

What do I listen to?
Not to sound cliche but I love most genres, mainly hip-hop (obviously!), rock, alternative, indie, house, grime and lo-fi.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you guys! Didn’t know there was a community section here, better introduce myself :slight_smile:

Who am I?
My name is Nathan, I’m a multimusician from Glasgow, currently living in Dumfries & Galloway, and I’m 19. Guitar is my main instrument, which I have been playing since I was 11.

What do I create?
I’ve producing instrumental alternative rock music, since I was in Secondary School. Although my earlier works are more crude, I’ve been enjoying learning how to make my music sound more professional. I’ve performed with bands & would very much like to create my own band. Currently, I’ve been trying to arrange my music for a live setting using the Logic Remote.

Which studio do I use?
I use the one in Glasgow. It’s a bit of a mission to get to from D&G, but fortunately I stay in Glasgow during the week for college.

What do I listen to?
Right now, I’m listening to a lot of early 2000s indie. Bloc Party being the main one. Radiohead was also a huge inspiration for me, growing as a musician. Although, generally, I am open to all genres.

2 Likes

Hey all, I’m Kate! a.k.a. Feathers
I’m the CX Team Lead for the U.S.A. so you might have hopped on a chat or call with me during Pacific Daylight Hours :slight_smile: On my off hours I’m a musician in sunny California

Who am I?
I’m a singer/songwriter from Los Angeles with a background in theatre. It’s safe to say I’m always down for a spectacle. I’ve been singing forever and writing lyrics even longer than that. I also play guitar, harmonica and I dabble on the keyboard.

What do I create?
Currently I’m creating my own sound that’s between dark synth pop and indie guitar songs. I’m looking to get out and play full sets in the greater LA area and beyond with a full band. I’ve released one single (https://spoti.fi/3wTLAam) and have an album currently in the works. Past projects include a razz band (rock/jazz combo), a pop band, a doom metal band, and I have laid vocals for songs ranging from electronic tracks to kid songs.

Which studio do I use?
Silver Lake - rehearsal and recording rooms

What do I listen to?
Rock (from classic to metal), Reggae, Lo-fi / Trip Hop, Pop, Blues, & Jazz

1 Like

Who am I?
Mark England - 49 years old. Just started into the DJ world after wanting to since the early 90’s but just never seemed to have the cash or time.
What do I create?
Poor basic transitional mixes…at the moment!
Which studio do I use?
It’ll be Cheltenham
What do I listen to?
Mainly tech house, funky house, liquid D&B and some old school trance!

1 Like

Hey Mark, welcome! You should check out the mini-documentary we made on @GM43627331 getting into DJIng, it’s epic https://pirate.com/en/blog/find-your-space/gary/

Ah, that’s great, very similar story!! Thank you!

Who am I?
Manolo Husky - 26 yo Rapper/Producer born, raised & based in Brooklyn, NY.
What do I create?
Hip hop/Rap mainly. I’ve been rapping & making beats since about 8th grade so quite literally half my life at this point. I like to think I’m pretty good at both. Sometimes I like to f*ck around and make random shit like some house shit you’d hear in the background on Love Island (the UK/superior version) or some straight up Wu-Tang inspired shit. My biggest inspirations are Action Bronson, Danny Brown, Jay-Z, RZA, DOOM, and Adele.
Which studio do I use?
I’ve used the Bushwick studio with a friend to workshop some podcast ideas but now I’ll be planning on using Gowanus since its closer to my crib for rehearsal space.
What do I listen to?
A lot of different stuff tbh. Sometimes jazz, sometimes soul. Sometimes classical, sometimes Billy Joel. (Shout out the GOAT Billy one time.) I try to listen to a lot of different genres for inspiration and ideas I wouldn’t otherwise get from listening to only rap. But I’ve been on a big Rakim/Big Daddy Kane binge lately in preparation for how I’d like to approach my first demo tape in terms of tapping into and harnessing that sort of energy & vibe. Enjoy the rest of your day & keep it going pirate community; lets make some crack, fam. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes