community.pirate.com

'Locked Down' track - Work in progress (nearly finished)

Hey folks,

I’m working on a new track at the moment. It’s my own vocals and my sound design on the track, plus I wrote the lyrics. Supposed to be a minimal bass house vibe - one of those evening drive tunes.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

4 Likes

Really feeling this, love the deep vibes and the bassline

1 Like

Thank you! Appreciate your kind words :pray: happy to listen to anything of yours in return! Drop a link below :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really really like this, and it seems like a nice blend of influences.The pluck in the first 15 seconds (that reappears a bit throughout) is great - would love to hear a bit more of it if you extended the track and added an extra drop. Maybe even have that pluck playing the melody at 2:17 rather than the bassier sound?

The only other thing I noticed was I was quite distracted by the reverb tail on the clap further into the track. The sound of the clap itself is beautiful (just the right level of snap without it being harsh, and just the right level of punch too) but when the tail gets extended I felt it maybe took a tiny bit away from the rhythm of the drums? Only a tiny thing though!

1 Like

Hey Zack! Really appreciate this detailed feedback. I’m going to take it on board and experiment based on your comments. Thanks so much! And willing to do the same for you if you have any tracks you’re working on? Drop one in the response or a link to your community post :raised_hands::fire:

1 Like

this is siiick. it’s giving me kavinsky vibes but if kavinsky did 5am club music

1 Like

No worries at all! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Joe! :fire:

Yo Zack :slight_smile: I took your advice on board - took the tail off the clap slightly and also brought out the vocals a bit more. I think the vocals still need more work but let me know what you think - if you want to - no pressure at all! (same link) :pray:

Ohhh yeah those claps are sounding nice and sweet now! :raised_hands: Nice one!

1 Like

Really appreciate your advice Zack! I think it brought the drums together nicely! Happy to do the same for you anytime! tag me if you ever drop a track for feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m new here so just started listening to WIPS. This is an awesome start, guess it’s just adding tweaks like others have commented. I love the track, I feel like you could add one more layer to the voice, maybe a different texture or octave to give even more depth.

Just throwing out a creative idea… maybe a rhythmic bright instrument like a triangle, might add extra vibe when neat comes back in the second or third time.

Love the the track though, awesome job.

1 Like

Hey welcome to the community! Thank you so much for the feedback :yellow_heart: you’re 100% right and I’m in the process of working on the vocal more - will be adding a whisper layer to give it some texture! Appreciate you! :sparkles: If you have any work you’d like feedback on please reach out and I’ll return the favour :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: