community.pirate.com

Looking for DnB producers to collab with female spoken word poet

On the look out for a producer to work with in combining my spoken word poetry with a drum & bass track. Interested to hear any tracks you have in mind, I’m Bristol based but would be good to work with someone from all over.

Example of my voice:
Eve Piper - Creatures of the Rave

2 Likes

love it! might have a few tracks you might be interested in will DM you in a few days when I’ve got some mixes together

Awesome, thank you would be interested to hear!

1 Like

Hiya, Just checked out some of the stuff on your Soundcloud page. Would also be interested in a collab. Let me know if you’re interested. Would be more than happy to take some dry vocal stems and see what Incan come up with. :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply! Awesome that sounds great - did you have any tracks in mind?

Thanks,
Eve

Hey,

There are a few lyrics from your “Creatures of the Rave” piece, which I think could work well chopped out and re-worked into a fresh DNB track. Would you mind if I gave it a go and send you a rough demo once finished? If you like it then I guess we could polish it a bit and see where it ends up?

Cheers,
R

Hi Rowland,

I sent you this reply a few days ago on email but it keeps pinging back saying that the delivery failed! Not sure why! So thought I’d better send it on here…sorry for the delay!

Hi Rowland,

Sorry it’s taken me this long to get back to you. It’s been a busy week at work and wanted to sit down and listen to your track properly!

Thank you so much for getting in touch! I’m very honored that you have used my poem to make music, I put it on pirate as an example of my voice rather than anything else and it is quite an old recording of low quality so it’s lovely to know it’s inspired creativity!

I rate the track! I think the poem works particularly well towards the end where the music fades out, it’s definitely cool to hear it chopped and spliced up into a different narrative. I actually changed some of the words to the poem that you’ve used because they appropriated Black Twang’s song rotten - do you know it? So I’m not sure I would want to use that bit as the main vocal. I think also the rhythm of some of the lines could fit a lot better with the music if recorded suitedly on my end.

I am definitely interested in exploring other genres with it - I think your track had some trancey ravey vibes and I agree that style of vocal editing could work really well there…‘chemical revelations…,’

Thanks so much for sending the track over, have you got any other beats or projects that you are interested in getting vocals on? And thank you so much for those kind words with about my voice :slight_smile: I love how faithless use spoken word in their music, particularly their last album - would be amazing to create more like that.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Eve

Hey, I’ve got a track that I’ve been looking to collaborate with someone to do some spoken word on it. It’s not DnB at all, haha. It’s more of an ambient piece I guess, would you be interested in having a listen to a rough mix I have of it? That piece you’ve shared here is excellent by the way