community.pirate.com

Looking for feedback, Melodic Techno

Hi All,

I am looking for feedback on my next release… I am looking to release it on the 14th November.

I feel the track is lacking weight in the low end but This may be because the track pre mixing had a lot of bass initially and the new mix is now tighter,… I have referenced this using Izotope Tonal Balance 2 and it is giving me a sound reading but I could do with some people listening in different environments for some feedback

Cheers

UKS

2 Likes

I’m not super into techno usually but I must admit I really enjoyed this! Kind of reminded me of some of Daniel Avery’s recent stuff. It’s sort of like the kind of thing that would come on as the club is winding down and there’s a few people still blissed out on the floor. The main synth melody this is built on is really beautiful too - found myself getting lost in it.

Just checked out some of the other stuff on your profile and really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Susie,

Thanks for the positive feedback, I will check out some of your tracks. If you would ever like any of your work mixed and mastered for free. then please let me know as I am practicing all the time and I very rarely get an chance to work with Vocals. Im not promising it will be universal studios quality but I would do my best and keep true to the intention of the song.

Peace & Respect.

UKS

2 Likes

That would be fantastic thank you! I don’t have anything immediate to send you but I definitely will in the next few weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just had a listen on studio monitors and headphones and both experiences were honestly quite great. My only comment would be in the last half of the song I think you could potentially boost the main synth line a little - feels like it’s a real moment when it comes back in and I almost wanted it to be more front and centre. But this really is nit-picking and stylistically I can understand why you might not want to do that.

Might also have to take you up on that master offer! Super generous of you thank you :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Dan that makes me feel a bit more confident about the release.

Yeah feel free to drop me a line if you have anything for mixing and mastering.

UKS

1 Like

love the breakdown bliss on this one, right up my alley. only listening on headphones here so hard to tell about the low end but the tone sounds great, I may be inclined to get a tiny bit more low end too but this is just my own preference and current headphones, mine are never bassy enough :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, Have you got any works that you would like me to listen to?

edit… I have just visited your soundcloud and shared your track. nice sound