community.pirate.com

Looking for feedback on a (not so) new beat

Looking for feedback on this tune:

5 Likes

Very nice! What sort of hardware did you use for this one?

Really nice arrangement, love the squelch and filtering of the bass coupled with the syncopated feel of the track gives it a great bounce, nice work!

Hi! This one was pretty much entirely in-the-box in Logic, using NI Massive for most of the synth work and a few samples here and there.

I often get a real menu-screen-on-a-Gran-Turismo-game feel from a lot of my own productions, so thanks for the kind words! :smile: Iā€™ll get something a bit more recent up ASAP!

Really liking the tunes linked in both of your profiles!
@MidnightManoeuvres - I love the atmosphere in your mixes! Everything works together really nicely, and creates a cohesive feeling of ā€˜spaceā€™ that works really well! Those siren sounds in ā€˜Mooredā€™ are awesome!
@Pirate_Gareth - ā€˜Bright Morning Starā€™ really brings me back to those festival vibes weā€™ve all been missing so much this year! :sob: :heart: Top stuff - will be keeping an eye out for more! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DanielK_Pirate donā€™t be knocking Gran Turismoā€¦thatā€™d be a nice pay check if you could get your tracks on it :wink:

mmm maybe thereā€™s an ideaā€¦ see if TPTB in Pirate can reach out to some games developers to review material on here for game productions???

Getting some Music Supervisors involved on here would be great, since as you said weā€™re all missing those festival vibes one of our very few diminishing sources of revenue :frowning:

Glad youā€™re liking the track though got 13 tracks on the go for this album so will definitely be posting up more for feedback as they develop

2 Likes

Nice man, really like this!

Nice one man! I canā€™t knock the track at all, but if youā€™re feeling like itā€™s a little bit too game-y, that can sometimes be a bit of a shorthand for feeling repetitive, since game music needs to form the backdrop to gameplay instead of drawing focus too much. You could experiment with some more overt melodies/ focus point, or a stronger sense of different musical sections rather than a single developing ā€œsceneā€ and see if that helps the track stand on itā€™s own slightly better. Thatā€™s just shooting in the dark though, it feels pretty ace where it is!

This is absolutely beautiful!

1 Like

Massively enjoyed this beat - made me miss going out, is that a harp that comes in at 2:05? Thought it contrasted really well with the bass. Also thought them vocals popped!

Iā€™m screaming, I canā€™t help but think of Gran Turismo when i hear those pads now iā€™ve scrolled down :joy: What a track though man! You should look into getting some hardware for your setup, Iā€™ve found having something tactile that you can play as an instrument rather than automating things really helps me get into the track