community.pirate.com

Looking for Female Vocalist

Hi all got a work in progress that we’re looking for a soulful female vocalist or possibly M.C. to create some stunning concious vocals for!

Leaving a link to the work in progress here that we’re working on whilst in lockdown in Ireland.

Get in touch with links to your own work if you’re interested so we can see if your style might suit ours and we’ll take it from there.

5 Likes

Hi Claire.

Thanks for getting in touch you’ve a nice voice but not sure yet if it’s really a fit for this song given the samples of your vocals we’ve listened to although the Erykah Badu cover you did would be closer in terms of timbre and range.

There would be lyric writing involved as well so maybe before we rule out a collaboration entirely do you have any samples of original work you have composed?

As a reference the kind of vocal style we’re looking for in terms of a singer/lyricist would be Air - ‘All I need’ or Massive Attack ‘Tear Drop’. or if the song were to go an MC route Herbalizer - ‘The Blend’.

We do have a good idea of what we’d like the lyrics to be about and how they can be structured for the song. Think Ian Browns F.E.A.R. but using S.P.A.C.E. as the base abbreviation of each line. So any ladies up for that challenge?

Still looking for a vocalist for this track so just giving the thread a bump in case there’s some new members to the community or old members who mightn’t have seen it yet and might be interested

Hey man,

I have the perfect 2 16s for this track. It’s an old track I made, tried to upload as a private track to soundcloud but wasn’t able to due to copyright (it is someone else’s instrumental).

Here’s me rapping anyway, for context:

gime your email address tho and ill ping the other one across! x

1 Like

Hella late, but do you still need singers?

I’m new on here so I just uploaded some vocals I recorded at home for now:https://soundcloud.com/user-35188468/white-horses

Bxxdhi

1 Like

Hey there! Not late at all, been working on lots of other tracks but this one is still in the ‘Work in progress stage’ so very happy to get your reply as it’d be good to dip back into this one again. I had a listen to the vox you recorded and love the sound of your voice. It would be great to see what you could do with this track! DM me here and we can have a chat and I can send the track on to you. Speak soon

1 Like

Hi Gareth,

If you’re still looking for vocalists I’d love to be involved!

Check my soundcloud:

charliefenemer@hotmail.co.uk

1 Like

Wow some really interesting tracks on your soundcloud. Some great genre hopping going on over there, love it!!!

@bxxdhi is working on something for us on this track at the moment but definitely would be up for doing something with you in the future.

We have a few tracks on the go that might suit, when we’ve got a bit more shape on them I’ll definitely be back in touch…maybe you might be up for some remixing as well nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Talk soon

1 Like