community.pirate.com

Minimal and experimental electronica: looking for some feedbacks

Dear all,

Recently, I have produced two tracks during self-isolation in COVID-19. Welcome to check out the music links below.

Recently, my friend and I collaborate on a new track, “Life Enclosed”. “Life enclosed” is an instrumental track created for the sake of one’s boredom and sanity in the lockdown. A song wrote to stave off lockdown insanity and narrate my life during the 2020 UK COVID-19 Pandemic. As you might be able to tell, due to the privileged position, I am in the last three months have been infinitely less of a struggle compared to many others who have lost so much.

Life Enclosed music link:

Another track I have composed on my music project - “My God My Love This way”. “My God My Love This Way” integrated my reflections on Christian God with my personal feelings to my beloved soulmate. It is a sound art thus serve as a form of reimagination, in awakening a sense of the sublime and experience of wonder, especially to my home — Hong Kong.

During the musical composition of the song, the first part begins with the sound samples in the Hong Kong protest. In the Chorus part, I try to imagine the reborn after a catastrophe of Hong Kong. At last, the outro evokes the peaceful day’s that I love to share with my loved.

My God, My Love, This way music Link:

Cheers,
Michael

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing these @KingZausage. Must admit, I had an almost religious experience listening to that last track on my headphones - pretty stunning soundscape you’ve crafted there.

How long have you been producing for?

Great production on these tracks, man. Really like the math rock/midwest-y guitars in the first one, nicely mellow - looking forward to hearing more!

Hello Dan,

I have composed this track during the first lockdown in Birmingham, and receive a distinction from an online Ableton course.

If there is a chance to synchronise this track to any TV/film, please recommend.

Thank you for your compliant.

1 Like

My flatmates and I have collborate some tracks, and probably release a EP before 2021. In the meantime, welcome to follow my Spotify.

1 Like

love life enclosed made me go back and listen to something that i filmed years and years ago the chap who talks at the start is called desi friel he is anna friel the actors father and these guys just get together in a pub every week or at least they used to don’t know if they still do to make music together https://youtu.be/wsSFM-67qik similar to this song this track you’ve produced has a real honesty and presents me with a feeling of vulnerability similar to early Oceansize if you’ve heard of them in parts even with the absence of vocals

2 Likes

I absolutely loved both! The soundscape on the 2nd is :open_mouth:

If you want feedback, I’d maybe find a way to either tone down the reverb on the first one, or maybe sidechain it out so the main guitar cuts through a bit more, but that’s splitting hairs, it’s a really nice vibe for sure!

1 Like

It is my pleasure to let you think of the film you had made.

Thank you Degan. It is a honor of your feedback. My music production is still long way to go. Thank you for your comments and suggestions.