community.pirate.com

My first ever DJ set

Hey team, I recorded my first ever DJ set in Glasgow last week, I have only been doing for 4 weeks, so so much on the decks that I don’t know how to use. Is there any feedback you give me, https://youtube.com/watch?v=fO4r39D-P9c&feature=share

1 Like

Yes Gary! Love it. We’ll be in touch this week - would love to potentially do some filming with you in the next few weeks if you’re up for it.

Dan. That sounds fun yes, would be up for that.

Your track selection is great.

Technically speaking I would work a bit more on your transitions to smooth them out a bit. Use phrase mixing and your eq’s to blend one track into the next rather than dropping the incoming track in and stopping the other.

You’ve got the bones of it though so keep practicing and it will soon click.

Thanks for the feedback Leanne. You are 100% spot on. I agree that this is poor. Last night I was trying to do more of using the equaliser and getting both to orange. I am in again on Saturday so will defo do more practising again. Do you recommend anyone to watch on you tube that could help
Me. Gary

Hey Gary - these sets are looking and sounding sick!! Not sure if you’ve seen our Youtube channel, but we’ve got a couple of introductory videos on DJing. How To Beatmatch On CDJs, How To Mix Using EQ and How To Control DJ Volume Levels & Gain Staging. These will hopefully help! But keep at it these are already so good x

Thanks for the information Jordan, I did not know this and with so much still to learn I will be going there next.

I’m not sure about youtube I was taught on vinyls many years ago. I have heard Phil Harris and club ready DJ are good. Alternatively if you want to send me a pm with any questions I would be more than happy to help you. I live your style that’s the main thing to get down the rest is just technical

Leanne thank you for the confidence support. Defo will keep plugging away at technical side. Love having a good time in there.