community.pirate.com

New music friday

Post your new releases, or some from your favourite artists, below in the replies!

What’s new this week you can’t wait to give a spin?

I’m pretty buzzed for new Oneohtrix Point Never feat. Caroline Polachek vocals!

1 Like

1 Like

Decent this. Is this one of yours @JW98705416?

Not exactly new (released in feb) but its new to me, found this cheeky track today

Yeppppp

This is less a recommendation and more a huh-that’s-interesting share. Paris Jackson (Michael Jackson’s daughter) has release a single today. I thought it was going to be some sort of Thriller remake given it’s Halloween - but nope, it sounds less like Michael Jackson and more like a late-90s power ballad mixed in with a bit of Paramore.

Fairly pedestrian but also fairly surprising: https://youtu.be/JLTPL9FeDek

I’m here for the new Duck Sauce video, hilarious. Probably NSFW, but I guess WFH solves that problem.

Video

2 Likes

Very buzzed that we will be releasing our new track BOUNCE, this Friday coming on Spotify iTunes, Deezer and all good digital stores :heart: :musical_score: :facepunch: :microphone: :guitar:

It’s a little bit rock, a little bit punk and little bit hip hop.

Delighted to share a sneak preview with you guys, please do let me know what you think of it

LYRICS

Bounce

Bounce - take down the house
They want you to flap cos they’re out hunting grouse
Bounce - undulate a wave of sound
The enemy shoots everyone gets down

Bounce - like you had half an ounce
Of character to damage your clout - that’s what it’s all about
You’re a right royal pawn in a gown
Coming like you’re poor and in doubt until you form a crown

(Chorus)

Blank canvass
Mad stanzas
Slow clap followed by a swift Jack Daniels
Feeling like I’m out of control but I gotta let it roll

Somebody was saying I cook like a chef - I butchered you to death and never stop to worry about whether the food should have kept
We hit the pitch while you were looking at the ref
You’re telling me what’s right while I have you looking left
You’re super freaky - unusual - beastly
Presenting you the programme that was never due a repeat
See me Draw the pen like a Viking sword
Time to make a roar, make a make a roar, make a roar

Blank canvass
Mad stanzas
Slow clap followed by a swift Jack Daniels
Feeling like I’m out of control but I gotta let it roll

(Bridge)
(Chorus to end)

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Brighty - definitely got a unique sound happening here! Am I right in saying this is quite a political track or am I off the mark there?

Is this part of a wider release or just a one off single?

1 Like

My mix on Resident Advisor dropped last week which im supre proud of

2 Likes

Thanks very much @Dan_Pirate massively appreciate that, if it’s sounding unique then I hope we’re doing something right!

Interesting you say political, so, technically no it’s not. But it is intentionally packaged to feel that way.

It’s actually a commentary on the struggling artist (but I don’t like that term, ‘battling’ artist maybe). The first verse is about overcoming self doubt and in doing so to realise that as an artist your power is to speak truth to power, you punch upwards. This rang true especially in the context of recent times with artists really up against the wall and the whole retrain reboot controversy. Chorus I wanted to make visceral scene of how this manifests on stage, and then second verse is the artist breaking out and releasing yourself, your unique power, and again it’s intentionally combative, thoughts of upheaval, with a political undertone.

It’s a single release in the immediate future, but we have another tune in the works and when that’s released we’re going to group all our singles into an EP

If you have any tips on this front I am certainly all ears. Cheers!

1 Like