community.pirate.com

Slow Down REmix

Planning to release this soon. Looking for some last minute feedback before i do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yo @CalmStiege just had a couple spins! First-off love the drum work, grooves well and i’m into the sound selection here, structure is nice too song flows well without lingering or moving to quickly from section to section.

Main issue to my ears here is it sounds like the vocals and chords/bass are moving in and out of key and clashing, not sure if you were going for something chromatic-ish sounding but its not quite gelling together with the great work you’ve done on the foundations and atmosphere of the track. I think if you addressed that you’d have a bit of banger on your hands!

One small mix point as i’m listening again, the low-mid area sounds a little hollow, not sure if theres a lot of aggressive low cutting going on but filling that out would def warm up the mix.

Good work and look forward to checking out the final release :boom:

3 Likes

Yes Calm,

Love the drums on this track, highly swung and sound selection is all there.

I do agree with Faisal’s comments. It sounds like some of the chords are a bit off from the bass and vocal. The nice spacey section without the chords at 1.40 stood out to me sounding really tight, so if you go a bit minimal on the chords, it might make more of the space between the drums, bass and vocals.

Big track though man please do send us a copy when its done :wink:

2 Likes

@SammyByrne @faisal_pirate thanks for the feedback will deffo look through the track and apply your input

with the chords would you say it’s an issue of sound selection or the actual chords?

thanks. will link the track in this thread when its finished and released!

I think it’s just the chords as the organ sound fits the vibe! As I especially like the section at 1.40-1.50ish, I think its the space the plucky bass leaves, so I think some simple chords played a bit stabbier would sound great to fill some of the gaps or to slap with the bass, and then maybe use some longer chords in the build ups :slight_smile:

1 Like