community.pirate.com

Suggestions Box

Thanks! Think i get what you mean… adding it to my browser favourites?

I’ll give it a try!

Big luv!

1 Like

It just saves the webpage directly to your phone as if it was an app. When you click the app icon it will take you directly to the web page so you won’t need to pull up your browser and search for the community every time.
That’s the option there, it should make a little app icon on your home screen.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any issues :v:

1 Like

I really like these suggestions for the pirate community platform so far.
I would like to add a suggestion box for the studios itself. I bet many of us have some ideas on how to improve the amazing studios even more. It would be great if there would be a dedicated place for that in this community where we could also discuss the propositions.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m on iOS so just saved it to my favourites in browser.

1 Like

I hope this isn’t too long, but thanks for reading if you make the distance!

Firstly, I think the Pirate team is doing a great job and it’s a great platform. The competitions for one are a great feature. This creates projects/deadlines for us learning the DJ/production ropes.

I would suggest thinking about rewarding highly engaged community members. The reward itself is up to you Pirate. I think studio credit is always a good one as that’s why we are all here ay (the studios).

But rewards should be offered to members that regularly post and reply to other members. I’ve seen many members actually offer a solution to a support query for example. Essentially, a contribution that has a positive impact within the community should qualify. Other examples may include referring another member for a guest spot on a radio show, a collaboration with another artist, providing constructive and actionable feedback on a DJ or production mix etc you get the jist. Introducing a system like this obviously has its complexities, and introduces rules, as simply a reply on a thread shouldn’t qualify, for example, maybe it’s voted up or down or if the original poster likes a response then that qualifies/ranks the response. I hope that does makes sense…

Alongside rewards, the status would also be welcomed I would think. A similar model to a community-driven site like Stack Overflow. Highly engaged members e.g “super users” are offered an optional status with a badge avatar. This will indicate to other members that they are trusted and open to giving advice etc but maybe you would still need additional labels like “tech support” or “production tips” so it’s a bit more defined and easier for people to reach out to others.

The feedback itself is tricky, maybe I speak for myself here but for people still learning, you are eager to give constructive feedback to other members but are worried you might give the wrong advice whether technical or more abstract but something to think about. Are there some members with a lot of experience that are easily able to contribute and this maybe ties into the above statuses etc?

Lastly, (I promise…) echoing @Pirate_Gareth feedback regarding A&R, are there any members that work in this space that can offer advice or help with reaching out to labels etc. Maybe that is a dedicated thread or a directory/resource which lists some opted-in contacts?

Cheers and hope this helps.

4 Likes

Some great suggestions here @Hisai! Thanks for taking the time to jot them down. I’m going to DM you today to follow-up on a few points. Cheers ~ Dan

1 Like

Agree, especially on the feedback side of things. I feel I don’t have the knowledge/experience to provide feedback.

1 Like

Definitely agreed with the bit about social media; it’s great to just have a space to share or gain knowledge in a focused way without having to worry about anything else!

It’s also super useful to come here sometimes as none of my friends make music, so I can’t really get advice from them on anything technical. Sometimes that’s good, as a bad tune is a bad tune - but you do want to go a bit more in depth sometimes.

1 Like

Just thought of this and maybe you got suggestions already but what would be awesome is a piano room at pirate, just a small room with a real piano, or is there already?

Not right now, but we do have digital keyboards… Are you thinking of an upright?

Yes an upright, was just a thought.

Nice one, I will pass on to our product team — honestly, we love to hear these ideas!