community.pirate.com

What are your creative goals for 2021?

Got a particular project you want to complete this year? I’d love to hear about it!

For me personally, I’m hoping to release an EP with a few songs I’ve had kicking around since lockdown. I’ve got no grand plans for it - just throw it out there and let my mum stream it a few times.

What’s your 2021 looking like creatively?

10 Likes

The main goal this year for me is to release a few more songs and make music videos for the artists I work with, last year I only managed to release 4 songs under one artist because of COVID, hoping this will change soon.

But I am also planning on being more active on my Beatstars (selling beatings), and Mixcloud (Recording and posting my DJ mixes).

7 Likes

My goal last year was to be good enough at mixing to play a set at the Pirate Christmas Party, but that didn’t work out because of gestures wildly — I think I’m going to keep it as my goal this year too. No pressure, eep.

I’m also really keen to create some micro-podcasts (10-15 minutes). I’m doing a psychology masters in my spare time and think it would be a great way to remember the models + theories and also improve my editing/production skills.

8 Likes

Got a big album/mixtape/project called “colours” that I’m releasing this summer, just secured some great features for it recently!

Main goal has to be live shows/playing at a festival if possible.

Also want to win more rap battles, perhaps even win The Academy on Premier Battles.

6 Likes

I’m starting a part-time music production course this week, so hoping to get a better grip of Ableton and work towards releasing my first song.

I’m also trying to record a mix every week just to keep up the practice and I’ll upload/share a mix each month to my Soundcloud. So a Soundcloud subscription will also needs to be bought!

I haven’t been engaging with this community as much as I’d like so I’m also going to try engage more often!

8 Likes

I would really like to release my first EP this year, and am taking this time being locked up to dive into Ableton properly as i have mostly used hardware (Roland tr-8s, various hardware synths) until now.
I also have a couple visual projects in the works that i would like to complete when things aren’t as locked down.

7 Likes

My main goals are to release a EP, 3 music videos (with at least one on GRM) and 3 singles separate from the EP. Want to have the EP cement my sound and create a clearer understanding of my artistry

5 Likes

Releasing music is the big one for me. I’m challenging myself to finish a track a week in 2021 with 2 completed so far this year.

Also buying more hardware! :alien: @Pear_Pirate got any recommendations?

4 Likes

A few plans: Would like to improve my mixing & mastering skills (in particular cleaning up and giving room for all elements in my mix), develop my sound more (find new little sounds I like and incorporate them into my productions), record a few more mixes, and perhaps getting a track signed if I can reach that level by the end of this year (deffo a stretch, but will give it a go, who knows!) :smiley:

4 Likes

Planning on doing exactly the same Dan.

This year will be about taking what I learned from 2020 and applying it my 2021 productions, so not point sitting any longer on the tracks made last year or they will never be put out.

4 Likes

Behringer 303 clone is like £120 and is one of the best sounding clones in my opinion so that’s a great place to start if you’re wanting to get into hardware!! Or korgs mini/mono are always a shout (also v cheap). If you’re wanting to do anything fully dawless you should look into the Arturia keystep pro as a mind to your setup (you can integrate it with your daw too it’s a beast either way)

2 Likes

Great project! Are you releasing them? I am happy to be a test listener :headphones:

@Ambz_Pirate Thanksss that’s the plan! Here’s what I have so far, keen to hear what you think of these:

2 Likes

I’m looking for someone to hopefully collab with as well as further develop my knowledge & understanding of music production!

2 Likes

Having a solid, tangible goal is great for getting stuff done! It’s a business cliche, but SMART goals (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, timely) really do work!

I’ve had a load of projects ticking on for a long time, but it’s all behind-the-scenes stuff - I’m hoping I’ll be actuall releasing a couple of projects come December time and it’ll suddenly feel like I’m productive again!

1 Like

the work rate since this post though :fire:

2 Likes

haha thank you!

1 Like

How’s everyone going with their projects? I hear @MidnightManoeuvres is working hard! How are you getting on @DONKO, @Regards_Stephen, @Rob_oreilly?

3 Likes

My main goals this year is to start a new house event in Birmingham (venue 99% secured) I am also looking to release an E.P ready for the event which is -panned for the August bank holiday. I really want to try and get on here at least once a day and be a more active member of the community and work with as many people who I can. I wish you all the best with your own goals

2 Likes

Hey, cheers for the follow-up!
Finished a part time course on Ableton which was great. Having issues actually finishing the songs though. Never really happy with it.

DJing is going well. SoundCloud is lacking as I would like to come up with a DJ name before putting up another mix. Have a few in mind but struggling to decide. (SC will be my platform to try promote myself).
I have also been playing and learning from the private mixes I put up on mixcloud.

Looking forward to getting vaccinated and would love to play at something in Dublin when things open up. I’ll need to figure out where I might have a chance at playing though.

Hope everyone is staying safe & healthy :heart:

1 Like