community.pirate.com

Which DAW do you use... and would you consider yourself adept with it?

Hey guys!

So we were wondering what DAWs you guys use? We’re looking to potentially reach out to a few of you for future content we have planned to do with community, so if you consider yourself adept with your chosen DAW, please comment below and let us know!

• Ableton
  • FL Studio
  • Logic
  • Cubase
  • Pro Tools
  • Garageband
  • Studio One
  • Reason
  • Sonar
  • Digital Performer
  • Bitwig Studio
  • Other (please specify below)

0 voters

1 Like

Quite intrigued by the results of this.

I was on Ableton for about four years and switched to Logic near the end of 2020. Was watching loads of Disclosure’s production livestreams and I loved the workflow and the sound of some of the effects, so just made a snap decision and switched. Sometimes you just need that workflow changeup don’t you!

1 Like

Really interested too! I was talking to some producers in New York the other day and they described switching up DAWs to get different sounds. For example the ‘London sound’ is FL. So, does it vary wildly by region?

Bonus question: does price come into it?

1 Like

Personally I’ve found Logic is great for live instruments and vocals, as the comping is absolutely amazing (although I think this is coming to the new Ableton soon?). You can obviously make any type of music with any DAW, but I’m finding recently I’m making a lot less loop based stuff with it compared to how I was using Ableton?

Plus it’s only 200 quid and has a 3 month trial, I feel like it’s potentially the best value DAW? But obviously you need a Mac, so maybe not haha

1 Like

The REAPER hate is real :frowning: Reaper cult! Reaper cult!