community.pirate.com

WIP EP track

Hey everyone! I’m currently working on a new EP and this is one the tracks (lo fi house), it’s still work in progress, still need to work on the final breakdown, that’s why the track seems a bit short and haven’t done a proper mix. anyway would like to get some feedback on this. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Awl - some really interesting textures going on here and I enjoyed that vocal sample a lot. Almost wanted it to become more prominent at times but can understand why you’d want to be subtle with it too.

Could just be my ears but there seems to be one of the handclaps that’s slightly out at around 2:21?

What DAW are you using out of interest?

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Dan_Pirate. Yeah I want to keep the track more mellow if that makes sense, the clap might be a bit out, you’re right, if been playing without the grid a bit, so I will have to fix that part. I’m using ableton 10 at the moment

Most of the textures are just me recording random stuff outside with tascam

1 Like

Ah, love that. It really elevates the track and draws you in - a great headphone experience.

Have you ever listened to Meitei’s stuff? He’s a Japanese ambient artist who records lots of interesting sounds out in nature and then turns them into this incredible ambient music. Worth a listen even if you’re not in to ambient stuff: https://meitei.bandcamp.com/album/kwaidan

1 Like

Thanks @Dan_Pirate, will definitely listen to his work, I’m constantly searching for inspiration so any type of artist will do for me!

1 Like

He’s really great and should be good inspiration for how to fill space with texture etc.

What sort of stuff are you listening to at the moment?

I’ve been listening to more old school electronic music now, just to get that feel here’s a small playlist of some tracks that have been on repeat https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4o1GyiDbdTQvdbNWmu4ZXX?si=Rn-L6ls7RYSsYTH14tlWmA

Also, been listening to a lot of stuff from Ross From Friends I think his sound design is great, especially the newer tracks

1 Like