community.pirate.com

WIP Feedback/ Looking for some advice!

Hey everyone, my name is Andrés and I’ve been making tunes for a few years now…would love some feedback on this one I’ve been working on recently, I’m particularly interested in structure/flow does it lose momentum or does it flow to you? big up!

3 Likes

Hey @solomonsound - just gave this a couple of spins. Really like this. It’s got a really nice sinister vibe to it (really hope that was what you were going for).

In terms of structure - I think it flows really nicely. I can imagine a rapper/MC would eat this up (à la Chynna). I would potentially explore the vocal sample in the last third of the track - it’s a nice respite and has loads of potential. Im quite a fan of a long outro so it seems fitting after a heavy build up.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hey! Really interesting piece, very unique and different!

I think it flows well and keeps momentum throughout, especially the cool drone-y kind of sounds around 1:34. Only thing I would say is because the drone-y sounds are quite similar, I feel that section goes on a little too long to be just those sounds alone, maybe you could find some other elements to introduce (even background effects or something) to keep the listener interested throughout that part, it could be just one or two quiet ones as to keep the atmosphere of this section, but I feel it needs a little something. This was done around 1:20ish where you also had the guitar playing in the background with a different melody, it gave me something new to listen to but wasn’t too intrusive that it took away from the drone sounds.

Overall, that’s the only criticism I have. The drums seem clear and punchy, the melody is interesting and ear candy is scattered throughout (adlibs etc) to keep it interesting and different throughout. Nice job :slight_smile:

Hey @solomonsound - how did you get on with this one? Would love to know if any changes were made in the end and how it’s all sounding!