community.pirate.com

**COMPETITION CLOSED** Plastician Sample Pack Challenge - Pioneer controller and £250 studio credit for the winner

LOVE the use of the gamer beep for the delayed “pluck” effect. And the switch in the second half is really sinister. Love it man

2 Likes

You never fail to impress me with your chord selection and structure! The build on this is beautiful and I love the way you tease the bells loop in subtly under that keyboard - great work man!

1 Like

Nice man! great drum work, got lots of classic grime hits in there!!

1 Like

mixdowns not being judged here we’re more interested in the ideas inside! love the textures in your pads - nice touch of distortion on the main lead that comes in half way thru - strong entry!

1 Like

Always bring your style to the table! The pace of this is great, love the use of the samples in here, great work as per!

2 Likes

Really nice different take on the samples here!! You’ve made great use of the drums too, they sound surprisingly fat - all round a solid entry!

2 Likes

Hey all! I wanted to put the samples front and center so I just went where they took me. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thank you mate :slight_smile: Really appreciate that

Alright. I’m looking forward to listening to everyones tracks later. Here’s mine. Its far from finished but I wanted to get something up before the deadline

Charlie

1 Like

Hey everyone! Shoutout Plastician and Pirate Studios for teaming together to make this wonderful challenge.
I started with the D# minor bell sample - pitched up, and half timed it. Built two other melodies around this initial sample to strengthen the melodic idea.
All the drum hits I used are from the sample pack.
Designed the bass besides the carti 808 , vox chops obvi outside the pack but wanted to give it more of a completed track vibe.
Enjoy Mates cheers to everyone who completed the challenge!

5 Likes

Gwan there is some sick entries in here. Didn’t expect the samples to take me in this direction but enjoyed having a go with the limited time I had.

1 Like

1 Like

Hey peeps,

First time entering one these so I hope you enjoy, a little bit of a hip-hop vibe for ya!

1 Like

yo, first time attempting phonk. had a rough time mixing the vocals, i probably should’ve switched them out for a cleaner sample lol. looking forward to checking out everyones tracks https://soundcloud.com/user-134438676/executioner-1

20 minutes left to get those entries in Everyone!!!

I’ll be racking my brain to pick my top ten for tonight’s live final where you can all get involved live with the voting as well to determine our overall champion!

1 Like

Had a nightmare this morning

1 Like

https://soundcloud.com/user-501879135/the_fall138bpmpiratestudioschallenge

Ran through a couple of ideas, this one had the samples at the forefront and was a little bit more experimental. My teenager years were in the grime resurgence during the past decade but trap music has played a massive part in influencing drill, which is proving to be huge for the UK music scene. I learned guitar during lockdown so I reversed some chords at the end.

Just managed to get something together in time! Tweaked the piano in ‘fall’ to sound more like a synth - love to hear all your thoughts. Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wicked!! Any entries below this reply will not be considered for the competition, but feel free to drop them in still for feedback from the community <3

Wish i had more time, yesterday family had to come first…

4 Likes