community.pirate.com

**COMPETITION CLOSED** Plastician Sample Pack Challenge - Pioneer controller and £250 studio credit for the winner

Nice one 4 that! Definitely hear what your saying - will have a look if I have time b4 the close (would’ve liked more time to refine lol)

1 Like

Here’s my entry, bit on the short side didn’t have much time :frowning:

Looking forward to the stream tomorrow!

4 Likes

ez guys

Couldn’t decide between dubstep and UKG so I went with both haha. I thought it sounded like some spooky skeletons playing the xylophone so I guess it suits the october vibe

Only things which aren’t from the sample pack is the sub and few risers

Also since there was an among us sample I thought I’d throw in a few more easter eggs

safe everyone and good luck!

7 Likes

Think I’m done with this one, had a lot of fun. Thanks for the opportunity! Tried to use as many of the samples as I could and incorporate some other samples that I liked as well, and some of my own samples.

Really been digging darker stuff lately, and I feel like the samples were right up my alley. Hope you all enjoy my beat!

4 Likes

Ok here’s mine.

Used a bunch of samples some obvious and some like the gamer fx being turned into the bleep melody

5 Likes

okay I had to go back to it, here it is, hope you like! good luck everyone

10 Likes

here we go

5 Likes

We’ll be giving away some monitors in future Community challenges so keep an eye out :eyes:

3 Likes

Really sick as always bro

Struggled a bit this week but managed to come up with something… https://soundcloud.com/dspstnbeats/dspstn-plastician-pirate-competition/s-2L67PFNc0e0

7 Likes

Here is my entry ! Since I’m dumb af I can’t count to 36 and thought deadline was Friday, so had to rush the mixdown a bit but had fun doing this !

https://soundcloud.com/cherenkovriddim/megrez

Cherenkov Riddim · Megrez

(sorry don’t know how to embed Soundcloud player)

3 Likes

Really well produced track Donko - in terms of the competition though I’d like to have been able to hear a bit more of the samples at the forefront of the production. I’m struggling to locate any of the sounds in here!

2 Likes

Quite haunting! I love the change of pace and the use of the loops in here. The switch in Tempo towards the end is really unusual - would hate to try and mix this in a DJ set hahaha. Great effort all round though well done

2 Likes

Spooky effort!!

2 Likes

Super swing on this, really getting some old school El-B vibes from it and that’s always a good thing!

2 Likes

Insane sound design on this - such an array of influences in here too, excellent!

2 Likes

Such a vibe!! Can hear all the ideas from our previous weeks searching for a lockdown sound in here too, love the atmosphere!!

2 Likes

yes!! the vibe is immaculate on this

2 Likes

Nice! I think the Garage part was my fave of the two in here! I’m trying to spot all the “among us” easter eggs now!!

1 Like

The journey on this one is great - the drums on the middle section really slap nicely as well!

1 Like