community.pirate.com

**COMPETITION CLOSED** Wize beat challenge - MCs & VOCALISTS - Pioneer DDJ + £250 studio credit up for grabs

Hey everyone. We’re finally ready to announce our winners! Apologies for the delay on this one - it was a super tough decision but we’re all in agreement now…

Massive congratulations to @ImiSmith - you are our winner! We absolutely loved the direction you went with your take, and your vocals are just sublime. The melody grew on us more and more with each listen. Congrats - you take home £250 studio credit and a Pioneer DDJ-200.

And a big shout out to our two runner ups, @Nics - your entry was amazing and really showed off your skills as an MC - we’re looking forward to seeing what you do in the future. And finally, @Antonia_Carrena - despite recording your take on a phone, your vocals really shone through and we absolutely loved the melody you developed for it. You both win £100 studio credit to use at any of our locations.

And thanks to everyone else who entered. This was a really tough one to call and we went back and forth on the final list quite a lot. There was a great variety in the entries and because of that (and for making you wait on the final call), we’ll be giving you all a bit of credit to enjoy at any of our studios.

We’re launching another competition very shortly for our MCs and vocalists so keep an eye out for an announcement in the coming days! It should be a fun one for everyone.

6 Likes

congrats @ImiSmith!!! Been listening to your entry on repeat all weekend! Your harmonies are stun - can’t wait to see what you do next! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Thanks and congrats @ImiSmith!

3 Likes

Congrats Well done guys.
how do we get the credit for entering?

1 Like

@atalenoire Congrats! The credit will automatically be added to your Pirate account today. I’ll drop you a message once it’s done :slight_smile:

Any idea what you’ll be working on once you get to the studio?

I basically do all these off style comps for credit for my band and I managed to fix our drummer and get him some help so once everything is back up and running we’re gna be in the every week making loud noises again. Question can a band be considerred education or business? Lol.

Congratulations @ImiSmith!

2 Likes

Lots of noise similar to this lol. https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/4f1V7X6FVKsyszq86

Ahh thanks so much! Glad you saw something in it!:raised_hands:t4:
Well done @Nics & @Antonia_Carrena also!
Thanks again! x

5 Likes

Well done girl! @ImiSmith :star2:

2 Likes

Ahh this is crazy, thank you so much!! Big congratulations @ImiSmith and @Nics as well.

5 Likes

Hey I didn’t get the 10 pound credit for entering this yet.

@ImiSmith Congratulations it was a great entry! and to the runners up @Antonia_Carrena and @nics both great entries looking forward to hearing what you produce with your studio credit!

2 Likes

Hi, how can I see which London studios have the Open Live function? I’m looking to book a rehearsal space preferably in Wembley but not sure which rooms have the facility

Hi Antonia on the bookings page for DJ rooms with open live functionality it should have a facebook logo and “live” symbol in the upper right hand corner of the photograph associated with that studio. Hope that helps

For the band rehearsal rooms there is a “live recording with openlive” logo in the top left corner of the photograph associated with the room. Just checked and London Earlsfield, and London Croydon have this facility for band rehearsal room currently. However Croydon seems to be closed due to ongoing repairs at the moment

That’s fine, thank you!

Hi mate I still didn’t get my 10 pound credit for my entry for this competition I have 10 pounds from the producer challenge a 5er a while ago and the rooms open tomorrow so would love to get in with the band this weekend with the credit.

Hey @atalenoire, this should be in your account now. Thanks :slight_smile:

Proper Legend you don’t know how good it felt to send the confirmation to the rest of the band after such a long time. Honestly can’t wait for this feels like an early Christmas.

2 Likes