community.pirate.com

**COMPETITION CLOSED** Wize beat challenge - MCs & VOCALISTS - Pioneer DDJ + £250 studio credit up for grabs

That’s awesome @MariannaM-eye. I started out playing drums when I was 9 and then guitar and songwriting in my late teens. Been working at Pirate for the past 3 years now!

How’s your entry coming along? Are you still going with Recharing?

1 Like

Some really lovely melodies in here @LisWils - and don’t worry about the quality of the recording, it still captures the spirit of your writing! We could definitely find you a producer from the #collaborate category who could help you bring this to life. Happy to throw you a bit of studio credit your way too.

Would love to hear more of your work if you have anything to share?

Woo so cool! How do u like working at Pirate ?@Dan_Pirate.
I am going for Recharge… been working on it… gonna record it soon. Got until the 31st anyway right?
Have a great night :pray:

Great work on this Nics, like the fact that you did some vocal production as well on this and not just lay down a vocal track, really sits well with the beat yet you make it your own, nice!

1 Like

Hey Guys anyone can tell me what tempo is Recharging beat? :pray:

1 Like

Thank you, honestly appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Hey @MariannaM-eye - it’s 135 bpm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys, put something together for Dark Arts here, lyrics included there too, let me know what you think cheers much love! :slightly_smiling_face: :facepunch: :heart:

1 Like

Hey @Brighty - this link doesn’t appear to be working for me sorry! Think you might need to reupload possibly?

Reupped, is that working?

1 Like

Yep, working now! Will have a listen tonight - cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Brighty - some really interesting lyricism going on here. At times I lose the vocal a little in the mix so can’t make it all out - but it sounds good. What do the words mean to you?

1 Like

Cheers mate, oh no sorry about that I’m a bit of a novice at mixing vocals, I can re-do it if you need it a bit clearer? The words mean something very specific to me, but would be genuinely interested to hear your take on them. Or if you can’t hear it let me re-record it first

Hi check out my entry

1 Like

1 Like

Hey Guys hope everyone is well!
I recorded a little Demo on the beat Recharging… Had to use garage band coz my Logic was acting up… mixing very basic I did what my ear thought was right lol
I appreciate any feedback.
Have a good night :pray:

Ps: Wize the beats are crazyy! Love em!

2 Likes

Hey @MariannaM-eye - thanks for entering the comp!

Had a listen, love your take on this beat! Great to hear a vocalist put a melody to this. I can’t give you too much technical feedback, but I think it sounds great for a rough cut! The RnB flair to the vocal style is great too.

If you fancy collab’ing with more producers be sure to check out our #collaborate channel!

Cal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Cal will do for sure! Thank you for your msg. Speak soon :+1: take care :pray: bless

1 Like

Hey here’s my submission using the Recharging beat!
I made a couple slight changes to the beat and added to it also - wait for the DnB extra at the end;)

Let me know what you think! x

Imi Smith

3 Likes

@ImiSmith love ur version :heart_eyes_cat::clap::star2::star2::star2:
I was hoping someone else would use Recharging :blush:

1 Like