community.pirate.com

Share a track for a chance to be featured on the PIRATE.COM homepage

2 Likes

This is my first release, actually came about when I was trying to figure out how to work the ableton push 2 controller and progressed into this. I made it for both home and club listening. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Hi Dan,

I made this track during the lockdown as a reminder of the warm feeling you get in the middle of a hypnotic breakdown during a peak time set. It really makes me want to get back out there and gives me hope that things will eventually get back to normal and the raving can restart once again.

The track is being released on Whole Story records on the 14th December and will be available to buy on Beatport so any promotion would be amazing.

I hope you consider it for your page.

1 Like

Hi Dan,

I would like to submit ‘Not Me’ which was created as we were coming out of lockdown 1.0 and I went to your Notting Hill Studios for the first time.

The lyrics touch on the confusion there was back then around us all being locked up in our houses and the simple act of going outside seemed so strange.

It has had some BBC Introducing London support too. Hope you enjoy!

3 Likes

What’s up everyone, I’d like to share my first track. Think I recorded it in Wembley - it’s a freestyle track about a bunch of random things that were on my mind when I was in the studio at 3am (hence the name). Recorded, wrote, produced and mixed myself. The track will be available on all streaming platforms, shot a lil video also, all feedback is welcome. Big up everyone who submitted tracks!

3 Likes

Hey Dan, Bristol Pirate crew checking in.

This is our big festival set finisher (shout out any Shambala/Boomtown crew!). It was actually released pre-Covid but it’s basically a soapbox moment from a very priveleged band about the collapse of everything. Hope you guys enjoy!

1 Like

First bit of DnB production I’ve ever don on logic, little bootleg of I Found by Amber Run!

1 Like

Hey guys, thanks so much for all of these submissions.

We’re currently reviewing them and will begin featuring them on the Pirate.com homepage in the new year!

I’ll post updates on our progress here so keep an eye out! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m a female Arab-British evolving music producer. I grew up between the middle east and the UK. The genre’s I fell in love with were Grime, Drum & Bass, UK G, UK Funky. A big track from back then was Serious ft Maxwell D. I wanted to do my own spin on it by creating a heavy-hitting bass house track that switches into a big drop to give listeners an element of surprise. Still staying true to my roots, the track features Arabic drums and Arab-inspired synths. I use Ableton’s operator to design my basslines and my synths! I want the listener to sense my creative process combining homage to my roots and the music that captured me. Definitely one for the dancefloor! :fire: IG: @saliahgram

8 Likes

Here’s my submission,
I got on a big wave of making just lofi and I was getting super bored with how uninteresting it can be to both produce and listen to. So I thought I’d spice it up and slap on a big arpeggiated synth and it seems to have worked pretty well.

6 Likes

https://soundcloud.com/blacksmithtunes/in-the-mud Yo here’s a tune I put up a few days ago guys. 140bpm grime track that I made due to my frustrations with Arsenal at the time haha. Hope you enjoy the submission!

1 Like

Might be a little late on this, but I just finished this last night so thought it was worth sharing.

Had the Kehlani acapella sitting on my hard drive for so long, glad to have finally used a bit of it!

1 Like

Love it! Very cool track’ would have loved that drop to come in sooner but that’s just my opinion! Love the second drop too! :fire:

2 Likes

Hello Pirate! here’s a track I made during the first lockdown in my new home studio. I’m buzzing with how it turned out! :slight_smile: enjoy and stay safe!

Adam.

2 Likes

Sick mate! love the guitar in the breakdown around 2:30

1 Like

MATE that 303 is amazing… is it hardware based?

Hi Dan,

This songs title comes from a statement that I heard whilst in a ‘Talk Club’ session, and I thought it was a great metaphor for how they summarised anxiety affecting their day-to-day life. This composition is really my way of making sense of my own feelings of starting a new chapter at the beginning of 2020, hearing other people’s stories, and subsequently the lockdown as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, with the events that have now followed onwards. Fortunately, Talk Club has been a pillar for me and now a growing number of people throughout the world as we enter into a new era, which I hope will be kinder, more tolerant, open-minded and patient with each other. The song was recorded in Bedminster, Bristol and the video was all shot within the South Bristol area.

Hope you all enjoy. More info on my website: www.perestroika.co.uk

1 Like

Cheers man! nice one for listening. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Picking up some Homeshake vibes from the pitch shifted vocals there… love all the perc throughout too! Also really good to see people being so open about subjects such as this, breaking down barriers that will make it much easier for others to talk about mental health. Big up and sick track dude!

Beheinger TD-3, best 150 I’ve spent