community.pirate.com

**COMPETITION CLOSED** Wize beat challenge - MCs & VOCALISTS - Pioneer DDJ + £250 studio credit up for grabs

Just saw this,

has to be said this is goooood
very energetic flow, also kinda surprising the way you fit some of them words in

You raise a good point @ANACUSIS. I’ve edited the original post to say beats rather than stems.

Really like the laidback style you’ve adopted on this one - some really interesting lyricism on show here too. Would love to hear a producer have a go at mixing this. Feel free to jump over to the #collaborate category and see if someone can have a play with it.

1 Like

Nice one! Really like Recharging… gna work on it…

Hi everyone I’m new here btw… :pray::star2: have a blessed week

2 Likes

Welcome @MariannaM-eye! Look forward to hearing what you do with the track.

Just checked out your profile and enjoyed the song you published. How long have you been writing for?

2 Likes

Love this mate, the flow is properly on-point as are the lyrics, you switch up your style really nicely between different sections

Hey Dan :slight_smile: Thanks for the msg…
been writing since i was little…been making music for 6/7 years. Been feeling music since first memories. How about u? :pray:

1 Like

That’s awesome @MariannaM-eye. I started out playing drums when I was 9 and then guitar and songwriting in my late teens. Been working at Pirate for the past 3 years now!

How’s your entry coming along? Are you still going with Recharing?

1 Like

Some really lovely melodies in here @LisWils - and don’t worry about the quality of the recording, it still captures the spirit of your writing! We could definitely find you a producer from the #collaborate category who could help you bring this to life. Happy to throw you a bit of studio credit your way too.

Would love to hear more of your work if you have anything to share?

Woo so cool! How do u like working at Pirate ?@Dan_Pirate.
I am going for Recharge… been working on it… gonna record it soon. Got until the 31st anyway right?
Have a great night :pray:

Great work on this Nics, like the fact that you did some vocal production as well on this and not just lay down a vocal track, really sits well with the beat yet you make it your own, nice!

1 Like

Hey Guys anyone can tell me what tempo is Recharging beat? :pray:

1 Like

Thank you, honestly appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Hey @MariannaM-eye - it’s 135 bpm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys, put something together for Dark Arts here, lyrics included there too, let me know what you think cheers much love! :slightly_smiling_face: :facepunch: :heart:

1 Like

Hey @Brighty - this link doesn’t appear to be working for me sorry! Think you might need to reupload possibly?

Reupped, is that working?

1 Like

Yep, working now! Will have a listen tonight - cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Brighty - some really interesting lyricism going on here. At times I lose the vocal a little in the mix so can’t make it all out - but it sounds good. What do the words mean to you?

1 Like

Cheers mate, oh no sorry about that I’m a bit of a novice at mixing vocals, I can re-do it if you need it a bit clearer? The words mean something very specific to me, but would be genuinely interested to hear your take on them. Or if you can’t hear it let me re-record it first

Hi check out my entry

1 Like